Friday 23 March 2012

26 week scan


I had my 26 week growth scan today and I am glad to announce that all still looks normal! No huge head, extra long legs or bulging tummy. It was nice to see him on screen again, it had been too long! However he wasn't up for his starring role and I couldn't really get a good view never mind pictures to add to my collection (well, I did get some but I haven't got a clue what they are and I'm afraid they're not worth posting!)

As he has been constantly wriggling, kicking, tossing and turning lately I was intrigued to see what kind of position he was in. His head was near my cervix on the left hand side and then he was lying diagonally across my tummy with his feet higher up on my right hand side. Plus he was lying face inwards, so no smiling for the camera.

For those interested in the minute detail here are some of the measurements taken:

Biparietal Diameter: 68.5mm
Head Circumference: 248.5mm
Abdominal Circumference: 221.8mm
Femur Length: 49.8mm
Est. fetal weight: 982g / 2lb 3ozs

I've just discovered that the Biparietal Diameter is the head diameter so at the moment it is still pretty tiny at less than 7cms and weighing less than a bag of sugar. Still some serious growing to be done, let's hope he cooks in there a bit longer!




No comments:

Post a Comment