Friday 3 February 2012

Back Issues!


Not the most exciting post here, but practical, and that is what sometimes we need as pregnant ladies!

I'm been suffering with back troubles for the last few weeks which hasn't been that fun. I didn't expect this particular ailment to hit me this soon, the baby is only around 15cm and my bump not taking over my body...yet.

It only happens when I am at work, at my desk, which admittedly is quite a lot of my life. We've checked the seat position, the desk set up, a different chair, a cushion all with little effect. I've finally found a small cure that keeps the pain off till at least the afternoon and keeps me nice and warm at the same time. My lovely hot water bottle. Now I really feel like a pregnant lady!

It seems to be helping and also in this arctic weather we are having in London at the moment it also keeps me warm, and I have kept the cushion as you can see from the photo for extra padding. It's quit a comfy set up I have going on, so much so I need to remind myself to get up every now and then and take a walk around.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of what is to come and I can get some medical help before it gets worse (for those interested - it's right side only, just below my bra - nowhere else) My pilates teacher took a look on Wednesday and told me my hips are misaligned, re-aligning them meant I couldn't put my left heel down flat on the floor. Perhaps a lovely special insole awaits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment