Sunday 8 January 2012

I’m back...and pregnant!


I’ve decided to ‘re-launch my blog’ I hope you like the new look. Hello again to those who used to follow my blog and welcome to any newcomers!

I always thought that when I did become pregnant I would like to write about it as I find personal accounts of being pregnant with type 1 diabetes are few and far between whether online or in good old fashioned print (especially those that are UK based). So that’s what I plan to do here.

I hope my journey through my first pregnancy, which I will document here over the next 25 weeks or so will help others with diabetes, others who are pregnant and don’t have diabetes and perhaps those who have neither will just find it entertaining and interesting to read and look at. (I’ll be continuing with the theme of lots of random pictures to illustrate my posts, why not it is my day job!)

When I thought recently about writing this blog I wondered whether I should write with a three month delay and go back to day one when I found out we were expecting a baby, or even earlier, the trials and tribulations of trying for a baby when you have diabetes. But I feel like I would like to take you on a real life journey as it really happens. So for that reason I am going to blog pretty much in real time and will recall some of those early events and happenings over the next few weeks to get you up to speed.

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment