Tuesday 30 June 2009

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot


It's hot in London. Very hot, almost as hot as being on holiday.

So, if that's my conclusion why am I not reducing my insulin like I would do on holiday?

This morning on waking my blood glucose was 8.1mmol I took my normal breakfast dose and ate the same cereal and amount I always do. When I tested about 2 hours later I was only 7.6 (lower than usual at that time of the day for me), my morning snacks then consisted of 10 grapes, a small smoothie and a cereal bar - so near enough 50g of carbohydrates. Lunch time blood glucose, 8.2 mmol. 

Perfect, this sun has some bonuses. Plus it means I get to eat nice things like Fab lollies because I 'need' them!

Picture Credit: (http://www.flickr.com/photos/worldofoddy/339925295)

No comments:

Post a Comment